I need a vacation from summer vacation. Seriously. I can’t take one more day of sweating at the zoo, avoiding the scalding hot slides at the park, or packing the car one more time for a beach trip. Seriously. I just can’t do it. And for those of you who keep posting “summer please don’t go” on Instagram, I have three little words for you: pumpkin spiced latte. But seriously. Not ready for Fall yet? Well, let me convince you why it is the absolute BEST time of year for parenting in Chicagoland:
- You get to ship the kids back to school. Well, that’s a no brainer of why it’s awesome…unless you are a teacher.
- A return to routine. No more waking up and wondering what to do with the kids and wasting time bickering over the day’s events. Our favorite classes? Lil’ Kickers and Big Blue Swim School, of course!
- You can enjoy time outside without the boob sweat. Yes, that’s right, I just typed boob sweat. And it’s gone for at least six months…woo hoo!
- Cool weather calls for cuddling. And what makes a cuddle fest even better? These adorable Fall themed books from our favorite local publishing company.
- It gets darker earlier so it is much easier to get the kids into bed on time, instead of them fighting bedtime since it is still light outside. That means more time for mama to enjoy her wine and coveted TV shows without interruption.
- It is finally football season. Well, if you are a Bears fan, you can just think of it as playoff baseball for the Cubbies!
- The abundance of Fall themed fun for Chicagoans. Be sure to visit our favorite pumpkin patches and apple orchards.
What are you most looking forward to this Fall?