Anyone else have the Covid Blues? It has hit me HARD and honestly I haven’t been able to find many things to snap me out of it—until I took a break from being a teacher/wife/mom/cook/housekeeper and escaped to Pasquesi Home and Gardens. I’ve already shared how much I love visiting during the holidays, but taking a trip to quite literally stop and smell the flowers is the perfect way for you to think Spring and shake off the Covid Blues. Here’s why I choose to kick off Spring at Pasquesi Home and Gardens.
This is a sponsored post. All opinions are my own.
Right now it is so incredibly important to support small businesses, and this family owned business has been helping all types of gardeners—from novice to those with green thumbs—since 1975. While shopping Pasquesi Home and Gardens might look a little different during this pandemic, their customer service and stellar products remain the same.
In order to kick off Spring, Pasquesi is having a phenomenal sale on many favorites—from flowering shrubs like Nantucket hydrangeas and “Karen” Azaleas to perennial standbys like the “Patriot” Hosta, Jumbo Begonia flats, and floral hanging baskets. You can read all about the Spring savings here.
Mother’s Day Gifts
Just in time for last minute Mother’s Day shoppers, you can shop either in-store or over the phone for curbside pickup of high quality and thoughtful gifts for moms. Don’t forget to ask for complimentary gift wrap, too. My top picks?
These stylish, stainless steel cups and bottles have special triple insulation, easy grip slides, and a non-slip bottom that are perfect for keeping mom hydrated as she works in the garden. I especially love their collaboration with Rifle Paper Company, and I’m hoping that my husband surprises me with one filled with a mimosa on Mother’s Day morning.
With all of the handwashing going on, any and every mom would love to receive some luxurious lotions, body sprays, and wipes from Pasquesi’s collection of Nest Fragrances. The packaging is just as beautiful as the iconic scents so it makes for an impressive Mother’s Day gift.
I have been wearing Walaroo hats for years, as they are stylish, comfortable, and protect my face and scalp from SUV rays so I can concentrate on chasing after my kids. I love the sleek black “Aria” style, but there are TONS to choose from in stock at Pasquesi Home and Gardens so you can find the perfect style for your one-of-a-kind mom.
Hester and Cook
While moms might not be entertaining just yet, there is still hope for the summer and if not, she could also simply treat herself to a beautifully decorated table thanks to a Hester and Cook gift. Throughout May all table runners, placemats, place cards, and other fun Hester and Cook items are 20% off.
Bring a bit of gourmet flavor right into mom’s kitchen with Stonewall Kitchen products. Using solely high quality ingredients, these delicious spreads, marinades, sauces, and mixes will elevate just about any dish and are 20% off through May as Pasquesi Home and Gardens.
Lastly, you can’t go wrong with surprising mom with any type of fresh flower, whether you choose an orchid, succulent, herb topiary, or flower basket. Every single bloom at Pasquesi’s is of the highest quality and will undoubtedly impress your mom and bring her some much-needed cheer.
Finally, one of the main reasons why I am choosing to kick off Spring at Pasquesi Home and Garden is because of their incredible staff and knowledge both in-person and on their blog. When I visited with the sole purpose of creating the best window boxes in town (hey, if I’m going to be stuck at home for a while the least I can do is make it as beautiful as possible). Thanks to their expert advice, I was able to create a no-fail game plan for this year’s window boxes—all from a safe distance of course.
Wondering how to make the most of your container gardens and window boxes? Here are some of the things that I learned:
- Pick a great container. Choose one that reflects either your traditional or modern style, ensure that it has the proper holes for drainage, and move the container around to find its PEFECT spot before it becomes incredibly heavy filled with dirt and plants.
- Pay attention to the amount of sun your window box receives. It is tricky to find a plant that thrives in both sun and shade, so plan accordingly. At Pasquesi’s the greenhouse is organized by sun and shade plants—just ask a helpful team member to point you in the right direction.
- Build your window box using a wide array of plants. Large greenery such as ferns create a much needed base, followed by bright flowers to add pops of colors and accents such as vines and trailing flowers.
- Just like group photos, put the tall in the back and the short in the front. The plastic care tabs that growers place in each plant pot will provide you with accurate information. Your flower might look small now, but come August it will look mighty different!
- Symmetry is important. Start with foundation pieces like strong greenery and go from there. Spread out large, colorful blooms on equal sides and fill empty spots with consistent accent pieces that compliment each other color-wise. Before actually planting, arrange your plants in your container to get a better view of what it will look like so you can trouble-shoot accordingly.
- More is more. The true beauty of a window box, or any container for that matter, is when it is filled to the brim and bursting with colors and textures.
Here’s a look at my window box creation. Instead of sticking solely to one flower I combined a bunch of complimentary plants and flowers and I’m not going to lie, I’m pretty happy with my handy-work! For reference, I used Rex Begonias, Australian Ferns, Tophat Pink and Nonstop Pink Begonias, Blue and White Lobellas, White Euphorbia, and Large Summer Wave Violets.
Lastly, don’t forget to enter to win a $500 Pasquesi Shopping Spree with gardening expert Melinda Myers as your guide to help you kick off Spring at Pasquesi Home and Gardens!
Don’t miss a post…follow me on Blog Lovin’.