And….they’re off! No, I’m not just talking about the horses…your kids will, too! One of the best ways to spend a summer day with your family is at Arlington Park. Not totally convinced? Here are five reasons why you need to head to Arlington Park with your family before summer is over:
- Arlington Park is jaw droppingly BEAUTIFUL. The architecture, immaculate grounds, stunning plants and flowers…and everything just seems to “pop” on those perfectly sunny summer days.
- For a $5 picnic pass, you can bring your own meal instead of having to purchase food from the restaurants and food court. Outside alcohol is not allowed, but you can always indulge once you enter the gates.
- Everything is stroller/wagon friendly with paved paths. Simply head over to the picnicking area to be able to bring your stroller all the way down to the racing action.
- Sundays are Family Fun Days. The Junior Jockey Zone has so much for your little ones to choose from—petting zoo, pony rides, magic shows, the bookmobile and more!
- Arlington Park designates themes for many races and includes community performances that match the theme. For example, we visited on a day that celebrated Latin culture and watched authentic dances, enjoyed street tacos, and more!
- Since the races are spaced out so well (about 30 minutes between post times), there is ample time to go and preview the horses to get an up close and personal view of them both before and after they race.
Looking for other summer fun? Check out what’s on my Chicago Summer Bucket List.